Exhaust System

What produces the rattling noise in most old Audi exhaust system?
Is it the catalyc converter or the resonator or the muffler?

In my Audi the climate control system is made by GM/Delco! I was
wondering if the new Audi 100 uses Delco parts too. I also noticed
the similiraty between the power seat of before-'92 Audis and
the one in GM cars.
So does anyone know more about Delco and Audi partnership. I want to
know to what extend that Audi uses Delco parts.

5000 '85