[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: Dim bulbs
- To: quattro@aries.East.Sun.COM (Quattro mailing list)
- Subject: Re: Dim bulbs
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Tom Haapanen)
- Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1993 13:46:35 -0400
- In-Reply-To: "Roger K. Sanderson P.Eng." <email@example.com> "Re: Dim bulbs" (Apr 20, 12:40)
- Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org (Tom Haapanen)
Roger Sanderson wrote:
> If your 4000 (not really a 400 is it) takes a 9004 bulb (i think it does)
> then these should work, the 80/100 watt versions may tax the wiring system.
> Thats why Gene is selling the wiring kit, I suspect. It probably adds a relay.
> I have some coming but they have not arrived yet, so I can't comment on how
> well they work.
They seem to work quite well on my '90 GTI 16V (it's got H1 driving lights
in the grille, but the 9004 low beams were quite inept). I got the 90/55
(or was it 90/65) versions, and he shipped them promptly.
Now, if someone can tell me how to get rid of that condensation inside the
lenses I'd be even happier... :)
[ /tom haapanen -- email@example.com -- software metrics inc -- waterloo, ont ]
[ "stick your index fingers into both corners of your mouth. now pull ]
[ up. that's how the corrado makes you feel." -- car, january '93 ]