[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: Strut removal tool
Bentley shows two tools -- the super deep socket, and what looks like a medium
socket that allows access to the strut piston rod with a hex wrench.
1. Which one are you refering to?
2. Where is it (or both) available & for how much?
3. Can you change the bounce stops and/or the strut bearing with this method ?
4. How easy is it to preserve the alignment?
Thanks much -- been contemplating this task for a couple weeks.
PS - Parts Place for VW (nee recycled) has what looks like the 2nd tool for
$20 (more precisely, a substitute for the 2nd tool).
- Strut removal tool
- From: Bill Samaras DTN 223-7322 26-Aug-1993 1405 <email@example.com>