[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: 5 cyl air filter?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: 5 cyl air filter?
- From: Dan Simoes <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 31 Aug 1994 21:38:59 -0400 (EDT)
- In-Reply-To: <9408311655.AA04571@ipcb.NeTpower.com> from "David Bokaie" at Aug 31, 94 09:55:55 am
- Reply-To: quattro
- Sender: quattro-owner
> I went thru this on my 88, 90. It took me over 2 hrs to figure
> out the trick. You need to remove the front passenger side headlight.
> This will let you completely remove the air filter box. Obviously
> there is bunch of misc stuff (plastic covers, etc...) that needs to
> be removed. If done right, this should be less than 1/2 hr job.
Nope. Undo the clips for the airbox. Remove the front sliding
panel and the 2 screws that hold the smaller panel in place.
Atop the air box is a large duct (looks like honeycomb).
Remove that in one or both ends, allowing you to lift the FI
assembly high enough for the filter to clear.
I doubt removing the headlight is easier - maybe...
| Dan |
Dan Simoes firstname.lastname@example.org
Associate Programmer (914) 789-5378
Advanced Network & Services Elmsford, NY