[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
RE: WTB 1987 Coupe
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: RE: WTB 1987 Coupe
- From: email@example.com (Zafer Mehmood )
- Date: Tue, 20 Sep 1994 12:07:44 +0500
- Original-From: mhcnet!zm (Zafer Mehmood )
- Original-To: swiss.ans.net!quattro
- Reply-To: quattro
- Sender: quattro-owner
> Also any thing that I should look out for on a 1987 5000 Turbo Quattro, There
> is one here in town that has suffered some hail damage that may be up for sale
> this friday. Oh and how does a price of $2500 sound for this car?
$2500 sounds like an excellent price, depending of course on the amount of
hail damage and general condition. The price of this car in good condition
would be around $6K to $7K. I have the same car and here's what I suggest
you look out for:
- Hydraulic leaks in power steering/brake systems. Check the hydraulic
pump and the rack.
- Rear differential axle seal leaks. Loss of oil can cause costly damage.
- Rear trapezoidal arm mounting bushings (as discussed in this list lately).
- Check out the usual stuff as you would in any car (road test, all
accessories operational?, CV joints, oil leaks, etc)
- Evidence of regular maintenance (receipts, etc)