RE: Second start works

>> From: quattro-owner
>> To: quattro
>> Subject: Second start works
>> Date: Thursday, September 29, 1994 1:57PM
>> My 1990 Audi 100 always starts on the first try when cold. However, when
>> it is warm (even a little) it always requires two tries. Although
>> a small inconvenience, I am wondering if this is a message of bad
>> things to come. I have 72K miles on it, use 92 octane fuel, and it does
>> this with both the single and triple electrode plugs.

My 1990 200 exhibited similar behavior last winter only worse. It would
always start when cold. When warm it would take anywhere from 2-10 tries to
get it started. Our problem was a valve in the FI system which maintains
pressure after you turn the motor off. I forget the name of the valve. All
they did was replace this and the car was fine. Don't know if you have the
same problem, though.