RE: Wipers, etc on 4000q

Probably the motor. My 82 4000 wipers have gradually slowed down over the past
few years although not to the point yours have.

Three assorted questions related to my '84 4000Q (a recent purchase).

The wipers on my 4000Q sweep more slowly than those of most cars I have
driven., and I am wondering if this is normal.  On the high speed setting,
they wipe the windshield at about the same rate as most other cars' slow
speed.  I looked in the Bentley manual but there is no troubleshooting
info on wipers.  Is this most likely a problem with the wiper motor (or
would it just quit working if it was kaput?) or with the linkage, or
something else?