Re: '88 model 80 quattro

> From: quattro
> To: quattro
> Subject: Re: '88 model 80 quattro
> Date: Monday, December 05, 1994 7:38PM
> Thanks for all the advice.  It's decision time tomorrow in the AM.
> Yes, I did notice the 80 Quattro could use a few more beans  - but, I've
> the mighty TQC if I want to go faster than good sense allows!  Does anyone
> know the differences between the 80Q and 90Q regarding engine output?  I
> assumed both models had the same engine/drive train and different levels
> trim (e.g., leather interior).

I don't think so ...

On non quattro models, 90 has the 130 hp 5 banger.
80 has the 4 cylinder.  Note that an automatic  90 (1988 and possible 89)
still gets the 4 cylinder.

I own a 88, 90 (Non Q) and would strongly recommend spending a little more
getting the 90.  You may want to look at high mileage well maintained 90
to stay within you budget.

Good luck,