Re: A question of lineage...

Phil writes:
> In message <941214210137_6268811@aol.com> GCIRILLO@aol.com writes:
> >
> >  It came (to me) with a set of alloys made for Audi by Speedline (2-piece
> > look with lots of hex-head bolts around the perimeter).  I have only seen
> > these wheels on the coupe, never on the 4-door, although in one "Used Car
> > Price Guide" they had a picture of the 4-door with these wheels!?
> My INSTANT REACTION on seeing slightly unusual wheels on an Audi is to get
> the wheel bolt lengths checked for the combination.
No worries.
These wheels (15x7)  were the standard wheels for 1990-1991 Coupe Quattro
and 90 20-valve. The standard tyre for the Coupe on these wheels is
205/60VR15, for the 90 I thought it was the same but it may have
been 205/50VR15. Note that many New England dealers only provided 15x6.5
wheels on the 90 20-valve with 195/65HR15 "all-weather" tyres, so I
guess GCIRILLO lucked out in being in a different neck of the woods and
getting the good wheels!

Chris Palmer                                "Ashes to ashes,
Data General Corporation                     dust to dust,
Enterprise Solutions Engineering Division    If Lillee don't get you,
chris_palmer@dg.com                          Thommo must!"