[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: Strange sound from rear - Bad shock?
- To: Jim Healey <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: Strange sound from rear - Bad shock?
- From: Robert Phillips <R3RFP@VM1.CC.UAKRON.EDU>
- Date: Wed, 21 Dec 94 15:30:25 EST
- In-Reply-To: Message of Wed, 21 Dec 94 10:25:29 EST from <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-To: quattro
- Sender: quattro-owner
<strut replaced on my 80...strange banging noise...cross between a strut and
<a bad bushing...
In my 87 4000S, I have a noise that is coming from the right side strut. It
sounds just as you described, and has been there for quite some time. I have
already had the strut bearing replaced and it didn't stop. As I am going to
install new struts and shocks next week myself, I hope to rid it of the
problem finally. Note: I have KYB on the rear and the fronts might be also.
I wonder if it's a bad strut all this time. I have already replaced the
control arm bushings, so that's not it. Sounds very familiar though...