[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: Strange sound from rear - Bad shock?
- To: Ti Kan <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: Strange sound from rear - Bad shock?
- From: Robert Phillips <R3RFP@VM1.CC.UAKRON.EDU>
- Date: Thu, 22 Dec 94 02:17:03 EST
- In-Reply-To: Message of Wed, 21 Dec 1994 18:26:43 -0800 (PST) from<firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-To: quattro
- Sender: quattro-owner
<noise turned out to be a loose hood hinge, tightened up a bolt and it went
<away...check the stupid things first...
Thanks for the reply from the voice of reason. I always end up looking
for the most complicated problem that is causing the trouble. Like the time
I thought an injector cap (little alum. hat) got sucked into my engine during
fuel injector seal replacement. I panicked. It turns out, there was never
any hat on it to start with. Someone must have replaced it with a Rabbit
injector or something. I was having visions of bent valves, scored pistons
etc. When I go off the deep end, feel free to reel me in...
BTW, you can *bet* I'm going to check my hood hinges tomorrow!!