Strange Speedometer Behavior

   This morning my '89 200TQ's speedometer started behaving strangely.  The
   needle sort of "bounced" between two readings like, for instance, 25 and 35
   This behavior has happened a few times before but does not happen on every trip.
   Other than the "bounce" of the speedometer and the related cruise control

Sounds like speedo cable (old/binding) to me. Replaced mine, and the
speedo is now steady/solid-as-a-rock, whereas before it would bounce
around in a 5-6mph range pretty consistently. You may or may not be
able to "lube" yours.

The cruise control still sucks - hunts like a demon, cycling from 20 in Hg
to 8-9psi every coupla seconds. POS!!