Re: Fan question on 5000 (some battery involved ...)

Hairy green toads from Mars made evangelo@mecf.wustl.edu say:

> Hi everybody,
> I am still trying to troubleshoot my starting problems, but I noticed the
> following:
> When I disconnect the battery and connect it again the fan starts and stays
> on for a few minutes, even if the engine is not just cold but frozen ...
> Is this normal behaviour or an indication that I have a problem somewhere ?
> This is on a 5000 CS Turbo '86.

I don't know specifically about the 5000CS Turbos, but I would think
this indicates a problem with the run-on relay. The fan should have
no reason to come on if the engine is stone cold.

Does the fan shut off during this time if you turn on the key?

Andrew L. Duane (JOT-7)			duane@zk3.dec.com
Digital Equipment Corporation		(603)-881-1294
110 Spit Brook Road			http://www.zk3.dec.com/~duane
M/S ZKO3-3/U14
Nashua, NH    03062-2698

Only my cat shares my opinions, and she runs on every night.