Re: Volvo Rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forwarded message:
> From mail Thu Mar 16 09:09 EST 1995
> Date: Thu, 16 Mar 1995 08:55:08 -0500 (EST)
> From: "Bob D'Amato" <Bob.Damato@starfleet.itc.snetlink.com>
> To: llevitt@idcresearch.com
> Cc: Steven Buchholz <steveb@newkla.kla.com>, quattro@coimbra.ans.net
> Subject: Re: Volvo Rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> Sender: quattro-owner@coimbra.ans.net
> >
> >           Okay folks, you now have a rather dedicated Volvo owner on
> >           this list. So I can't figger out how to change my subject
> >           line.
> HOOORAY! Finally someone who will give Volvo a good name!!!

Actually, there are a few Volvo owners on this list I think.

Our current vheicles: 1991 Audi Coupe Quattro (mine)
                      1994 Volvo 850 (4-speed) (wifes).

My past volvos: 1969 142S B20 4-speed Overdrive.
                1973 164E 4-speed.
The 142 was a fantastic car, it was thrashed full-throttle and
full-brake for four years in Australia without problem (except
for hitting a rock which was absolutely my fault) and the only
reason I sold it was because I was going overseas.

I think the Volvo 240 line was a real letdown from the 140 line
and has (along with its average driver) unfairly tarnished the
image of Volvos.

I love my Coupe, but I must say I am very impressed with my
wifes 850 (except for the engine - no power surge at 4000 and
less grunt at 2000 than the Audi engine!!). The handling and
braking are excellent and will only improve when I can get rid
of the MXV3s that came on it. I WISH my Coupe had headlights
as good as the 850!!!

Chris Palmer                                "Ashes to ashes,
Data General Corporation                     dust to dust,
Enterprise Solutions Engineering Division    If Lillee don't get you,
chris_palmer@dg.com                          Thommo must!"