[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: Q-ship mods & Schrick cams?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org (Non Receipt Notification Requested) (IPM Return Requested)
- Subject: Re: Q-ship mods & Schrick cams?
- From: email@example.com
- Date: 17 Mar 1995 14:31:25 -0500
- Autoforwarded: FALSE
- Importance: normal
- P1-Content-Type: P2
- P1-Message-Id: US*ATTMAIL*SMCLAN;X400ATT Mar 17 14:31:25 1995
- P1-Recipient: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Priority: normal
- Sender: email@example.com
- Ua-Content-Id: 253114170395
- X400-Trace: US*ATTMAIL*SMCLANarrival 17 Mar 1995 14:31:25 -0500action Relayed
Are you guys that are running Schrick cams in the turbo Audis running a
special "turbo" cam or the standard atmo Schrick cams? Does Schrick make
special turbo-only cams?
Datapoint: the engine builder working on the Killer ur-Quattro Engine
From Hell project grinds his own cams, what he calles a "WEB" cam. He
flows the head, intake, etc. and enters data about displacement, bore,
stroke, compression valve sizes, etc. into a special cam application and
the computer outputs specs to grind the cam. He welds and re-grinds a
donor cam to build the "WEB" cam. The SW also will suggest different
valve sizes, etc. if larger valves are needed. Anyone ever hear of this
process or have any comment on same?