[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
> > I do not think that the compromise is in the headlamp reflector
> > design. There is a GREAT voltage drop between the floating
> > battery voltage ( should be 14.1 volts, but the great Audi
> > engineers seem to prefer 13.x ) and what the headlamps see.
> > Before I put relays in, this was ( if I remember ) 0.6 - 0.7
> > volts.
> How is the accomplished? 0.6 at the bulb? Gosh. What did you do?
> | - Mike White |
> | <firstname.lastname@example.org> |
> | <email@example.com> |
READ CAREFULLY Mike, "drop between the ... and what the headlamps see."
1. Drop in the load reduction relay.
2. Drop in the fusebox. the headlamp switch,
2. Drop in the wire to the light switch.
4. Drop in the lamp switch ( on/off).
5. Drop in the High/Low beam switch.
6. Drop to the headlights...
Perhaps you ARE correct, after all these drops ther could'nt be more
than 0.6 volts left.