Re: 5kTQ Valve Tap

On Wed, 12 Apr 1995, Graydon D. Stuckey wrote:

> Hey guys,
> 	I don't think that K-Jet injectors make a clicking sound quite like
> electronic injectors (maybe a little), so don't be alarmed if you
> don't hear anything except the rush of gasoline through an orifice.
> Electronic fuel injection injectors click because they have a
> solenoid inside that is opening and closing _VERY_ quickly.

I was wondering about that Graydon, you are right, I was troubleshooting
my 4000sq (K-jet), and I put the old screwdriver to the injectors and
didnt hear a blessed thing. Those things are QUIET. It wound up being the
distributer BTW, but just wanted to reinforce what you are saying. Dont
be suprised if you dont hear anything.

Bob D'Amato                     |Information and Technology Center
Southern New England Telephone	|
Voice: 203-771-7081		|mx@starfleet.itc.snetlink.com
Fax:   203-773-3398		|	or
Pager: no Way!!!!!		|bob.damato@starfleet.itc.snetlink.com