Re: loud clicking under dash '88 90

On Tue, 9 May 1995, Dan Bocek wrote:

> > I have an '88 90 non-quattro with an annoying problem.
> > Every once in a while a loud clicking starts going off from somewhere under
> > the driver side dash.

Check the Alternater/regulater. If it doesnt put out enough, you get this
clicking.. almost like a buzzing.  Just fixed that on my roomies 4000
about 2 weeks ago.  Regulator was fine, but slip rings on Alt were toast.

Bob D'Amato                     |Information and Technology Center
Southern New England Telephone	|
Voice: 203-771-7081		|mx@starfleet.itc.snetlink.com
Fax:   203-773-3398		|	or
Pager: no Way!!!!!		|bob.damato@starfleet.itc.snetlink.com