[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: Oil Filters and hoses
- To: email@example.com (Non Receipt Notification Requested) (IPM Return Requested)
- Subject: Re: Oil Filters and hoses
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: 11 May 1995 11:25:42 -0400
- Autoforwarded: FALSE
- Importance: normal
- P1-Content-Type: P2
- P1-Message-Id: US*ATTMAIL*SMCLAN;X400ATT May 11 11:25:42 1995
- P1-Recipient: email@example.com
- Priority: normal
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ua-Content-Id: 422511110595
- X400-Trace: US*ATTMAIL*SMCLANarrival 11 May 1995 11:25:42 -0400action Relayed
Perhaps that radiator hose blew off during the hot-soak after you shut
the car off that night.
On the oil filters, I tried running some "OEM Import" brand filters on
the '84 4000Q and '87 5000QTW and found absolutely *NO*
improvement in lifter noise Vs the Fram sans drain-back filter.
What gives? Anyone ever confim that anti-drain back valved
filters actually reduce lifter noise on start-up Vs no valve filters,
or is this effect just a theory?