[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: A4s!
- From: PAUL SOUZA 202-260-6061 <SOUZA.PAUL@epamail.epa.gov>
- Date: Wed, 23 Aug 1995 10:26:00 -0400 (EDT)
- A1-type: MAIL
- Alternate-recipient: prohibited
- Disclose-recipients: prohibited
- Hop-count: 1
- Importance: normal
- MR-Received: by mta PYXIS; Relayed; Wed, 23 Aug 1995 10:45:59 -0400
- Posting-date: Wed, 23 Aug 1995 10:44:00 -0400 (EDT)
- Priority: normal
- Sender: email@example.com
- X400-MTS-identifier: [;95540132805991/3415853@MAIL]
Well folks, the wife was out of town, so I drove down to my
parents after work for a good italian meal. On the way I drove
past a local Audi/Porsche/BMW dealer, and there on the lot were
seven A4s! Of course, I had to stop....
The dealer had just received the shipment the day before and had
already sold one. These cars are beautiful! Everyone except one
were Quattros (the slushbox wasn't). The photos in the various
rags and brochures don't do it justice. These cars are low and
wide, with 5 spoke 16x7 rims with 205/55/16 tires. Very
aggresive. I want one.
I drove the 5 speed, but couldn't put it through it's paces,
being this was rush hour in Northern VA. But I enjoyed the
experience none the less. All cars were the 2.8L V6. They
apparantly won't be getting the 1.8 Turbo, but next year there
may be a 2.4L with a 20V head. The cars start at $26.5 and wind
up at $31.5 with all options. These were the MSRP prices. The
Automatics are 5spds! They should have Quattro/autos by the end
of the year. Prices seem good considering when I called my
cousin in Holland and he quoted prices 30% higher. And they pay
extra for sunroofs, A/C, etc.
All in all, I was very impressed. The meal was good too.