Re: upper stress bar and short throw shift kit?

> 	While read said mag. I found an article about installing a short throw
> shift kit in some VW. This reminded me that 2-3 years ago I went on a quest
> find a short throw kit for my '87 5KCSTQ, but to no avail.

While at the beach last summer in my (her, whatever) '84 5kS, I managed to rip
part of the transmission off.  It was the L shaped job that attaches to the top
of the transmission, then to the linkage itself via a trailer-ball lookin' job.
 I ripped this trailer-ball lookin' thing right off, leaving me in third gear
with no way of shifting.  Anyhow, after getting back from the beach (a whole
'nother story...) I went to the bone-yard to find me a new part.  There was a
'90 200Q Wagon, complete with motor, trans, 2-piece exh. man., whole deal, out
in the mud at the yard.  I grabbed the L-shaped thing off it and put it in the
'84.  The first couple times I drove the car, I almost bent the shifter, the
throw had been so drastically reduced!  Try that avenue, that should give you
what you're lookin' for...

87 5000CS TQ
84 5000S (2,000 miles away and a mile high)
90 80 (sibling's mode of transportation I get lynched into working on)