Re: A8 everywhere but US?

On 10 Oct 95 at 9:48, Bob Kunz wrote:

> I asked him about the possibility of the A8 coming to the US. Any
> clues on whether Audi will import these cars? What I saw in the ad
Quote from Car and Driver:
   The A8 aluminum-bodied V-8 flagship finally comes to the U.S. in

> Of other interest was the numerous Audi 100's in Beijing. But then
> the local people we were working with indicated that there is a plant
> located near Beijing and one can actually find "knock-off" Audi's on
> the road. Gee, I wonder what's under the sheet metal.
Several months ago I read about Chinese knock-offs of Jeep Grand
Wagoneers.  Supposedly they're pieces of junk underneath the
sheetmetal.  Can you imagine living with such slack trademark laws?
It seems awfully bizarre to me.
   '85 Audi 5ks
   '85 El Camino
    member Teamsters local 486