[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
RS2 (was S6 Wagon)
This is a little late as a reply, but...
At 09:36 10/5/95 -0700, tom sedens wrote:
* >On Wed, 4 Oct 1995, tom sedens wrote:
* >> >Talking about the S6 wagon... does RS2 come in wagon or does it come in
* >> >sedan also?
* >> It comes in wagon only. I've driven one - in Germany for about 15 minutes,
* >> and the torque this machine produces is beyond description, especially
* >> because there is virtually no wheelspin, although the wheelspin it DOES
* >> create makes the sweetest smelling, most expensive puddles of rubber ever.
* >And is it true that it only comes in... blue??
* Yep. But, if you've seen the colour, you'd agree that it truly does the
* car justice. Nothing looks cooler than the red painted calipers with
* "Porsche" embossed on them.
Well, not exactly. First production on the RS2 was stopped in the June or
July 95 timeframe. Second, when it was built, the RS2 could be gotten in 5
standard colors (including the RS-Blau Perleffekt you are talking about), 6
"standard" optional colors, or a color of your choice.
For those who like automatics and looks, the RS2 was available with it, at
extra cost. But this option would also mean a standard S2 engine (230HP) as
opposed to the RS2 engine !
The price for the RS2 was DM 98,900 base, with up to DM 10,000 or so in
extra equipment possible. This is equivalent to about $66,000 once removing
the 15% VAT.
'94 Audi S4 Quattro
'91 Toyota Previa LE All Trac
'86 Volkswagen Quantum Syncro