A4 Chip

I have read that there will be a chip available for the A4 soon.  I am
interested in the possibility of using a chip to improve the A4's
performance.  However, I am concerned about the warranty.  I assume that
replacing the PROM will void the warranty.  Can anyone confirm this?
 Also, can the PROM be switched back if I need any warranty service, or
is their some type of seal on the chip so that the dealership would know
that an aftermarket PROM was used.

Daron Stinnett
96 A4 Quattro