Re: Weight of 200QTW '89

On Mon, 18 Dec 1995 TMein@aol.com wrote:

> Any of you know how much an '89 200QTW weighs? According to Consumer Guide or
> somesuch pub, the wagon was "only" arond 3100 lbs.  I find that amazing since
> the '91 200 TQ Sedan was 3800lbs.

According to publications such as C&D, R&T, the weight of the '86 5KCSTQ
is about 3350 pounds.  I verified this to be accurate a few months ago,
when I weighed my car at a truck stop in Canada.  Granted, the truck stop
scales are not likely terribly accurate, but I suspect they were good to
within 20-30 pounds.  I can hardly believe that the '89 200QTW would be
lighter than my '86 5KCSTQ.

Graydon D. Stuckey
'86 Audi 5000 CS Turbo Quattro, GDS Racing Stage II
'85 Mazda RX7 GS 12A-leaning-towards-a-13B-soon