fog lights and I DID IT

> I'm not using the rear fog light switch (central dash mount, with
> neato illumination when activated) for any rear light - and thought

hmm. i just test drove an A4Q and he dealer was pointing out the
switches.. "heated seat switch, fog lights, driving lights, etc.".

i think it was for the rear fog light, i guess. he said he got pulled
over on NJ 19 with that on and the cop gave him some line about it.

but this was a test drive... and although my salesman's a nice guy,
it could just be a story...

but i did order the A4Q!!!! i should have it later this week. they're
finding the right color/options for me. "brilliant black", gray leather.

so...anyone wanna buy a really nice 1988 VW GTI 16v???? $4250!! 69k miles.

> I'm likely to pull the Bose radio, get the Crutchfield
> harness/adaptor, and replace it with a decent Sony unit I happen to
> have available.  Any tricks to pulling the radio?

i just yanked all of the add-on audio gear from the GTI and replaced all
of the standard VW stuff. a few crutchfield adapters in there, as well.
a lot of the radios pull out using a special spring release tool that releases
two spring latches on each side of the radio. are there 4 holes, two
on each side of the radio?? you can modify a coat hanger to put in
these holes. then press the coat hanger ends toward the outside of the
radio and slide it out.

good luck. i have to find a way to get the VW radio to stop saying
"SAFe" and start playing music again. any ideas appreciated. it's been
sitting for several years and didn't take the code.

bill castellano 	    	bill@tss.com	slowest		beige
applications consulting		gti 16v(pending)slow		red
teknekron software systems  	elan		fast		white
earth				zx-6 DoD#inf	whoosh....	black
   "ninety miles an hour, girl, is the speed i drive" - jimi hendrix