Re: Lights (fog and otherwise)

On Thu, 4 Jan 1996, Alan Cordeiro wrote:

> When, where, how can we all get these great bulbs that give 80%
> more light for the SAME WATTAGE.

	A little while ago, I got my hands on a set of GM's HID bulbs for
the '97 STS.  They produce quite a bit more light than a typical Halogen
low beam, yet they only draw 1 (yes, one) amp of current at 12V.
Furthermore, they are relatively tolerant of voltage fluctuations.  They
produce almost the smae light at 10V as they do at 14V.  Probably because
they have a high voltge transformer, that acts like a voltage reegulator.

Graydon D. Stuckey
'86 Audi 5000 CS Turbo Quattro, GDS Racing Stage II
'85 Mazda RX7 GS 12A-leaning-towards-a-13B-soon