Re: Procedure for compression test

> Bentley says to ground the wire.
> | Dan |
> --
Well then, If Bentley said to go jump in the lake would you do that too?

... sorry, I've always wanted to use that line.

... to add a little relevant context [probably not enough to redeem myself]
someone posted a concern that leaving the other cylinders hooked up so that
there was the possibility that the engine could run would cause damage to
the pressure gauge.  I don't think that would happen ... even though there
is a fuel/air mixture in the cylinder, the fact that you have to pull the
spark plug out to insert the gauge should prevent the cylinder from firing.

Steve Buchholz
San Jose, CA (USA)