From: vilr@jupiter.sun.csd.unb.ca (Pierre Villiard)
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 1996 17:58:18 -0400
Subject: Salutation, and headlights

Hi everyone,

 My name is Pierre, I'm a newcomer to this list as well as to the club
Audi drivers. I'm presently driving a '92 S4 Quattro that I find
except maybe for the headlight system, especially on lowbeams.
were checked, and they're ok.)
 Is this due to the type of headlight system?  Has anyone else felt
the lowbeams provided rather weak lighting on this model?  If so, any
on the best way to correct the problem, apart from adding the
foglights on
country roads when reasonably good sight ahead is needed?
 I can't believe the service manager (in an Audi dealer's garage) who
me that everything was normal with this state-of-the-art halogen
 Besides, something else puzzles me: the Owner's Manual recommends H1
55 W
lamps for both highbeam & lowbeam headlights, and H3 55 W for
That's far from standard automotive equipment here in Canada.
 Thanks in advance for your feedback. Please excuse my ignorance, and
my lights on.