Re: 17" tires...

Gotta put in a good word for Tire Rack (usual disclaimers, no affiliations,
etc). I have bought three complete sets, and two "where did THAT come
from... OH SHIT" onesie replacements. In every case they had what I was
looking for (Mike is absolutely right, caveat emptor, do your homework) and
got it to me within three days, Ohio to Mass.

Ian Duff
'90 Coupe Quattro
Original Text
To: <AUDIDUDI@delphi.com>
Cc: <quattro@coimbra.ans.net>

> Given the extra wheel width (BTW, the manufacturer is guaranteeing they
> fit my car and will take 'em back if they don't!) I'm assuming it's going
> be a tight squeeze

Oh yeah, forgot to mention.  With 215's, the front tires WILL rub on the
fenders if you take a turn just right.  Tuesday night I was late (something
& different...) to my first day back to Grad School, flying around a corner
the University of Maryland (actually got the tires to squeel) & the front
dug into my fender.  HINT:  remove the screw that is in the very top of the
fender (there's three on the fender.)  These screws hold the outer fende to
inner fender, but there's two other screws to do the job if you remove the
one, plus the metal is folder together here anyhow.  This top screw is what
will do the most damage to your tires (gotta groove to prove it.)

One more thing.  Most (maybe all?) the fellow listers here sing praises of
TIre Crack.  However, I've still got a 16" Fittipaldi F3 rim with a Dunlop
A2 mounted to it sitting up in my woods.  Not sure why it was sent to me in
first place.  Called Tire Crack three times about this thing, come get it
of my woods (apparently fits an Eclipse, what do I want with it?), three
Tire Crack told me they'd send out a call tag, please drag it the 35 miles
your office, three times that tire sat in my office for three days, then
35 miles back home to get tossed in the woods.  Three strikes & they're out,
more calls from me, hopefully someone's stolen it by now, it's cluttering
the place (had it sittin' right next to the roof of the Scout that I rolled
three times up at Penn State two years ago.)  Also, it took a week longer
deliver my tires than they said it would, so three weeks total for
 And when they did come, they arrived at my neighbor's house (numbering
mix-up.)  They do have good prices though, but they have a tendancy to sell
what they want to, not nessecarily what's best for YOU.  Do some research
you call...

87 5000CS TQ
84 5000S (2,000 miles away and a mile high)
90 80 (sibling's mode of transportation I get lynched into working on)