Re: Painted door handles

Hairy green toads from Mars made Brooks Ellis say:

>         On my '90 100 Q, which is a sort of metallic light blue (glacier
> blue or something..I do not believe it is lago blue..? maybe.), and the door
> handles are the same color as the rest of the car. I think it looks pretty
> good - but have they been painted to match? A dealer looked at my car once,
> and believed that it had been repainted.
>         I was looking at an '89 200 TQ ( pearl white ) and a '91 200TQ
> (red), a '91 200 TQ (pearl), and NONE of these had matching door handles -
> they were all black. I do not recall if the V8 I am looking at has black or
> red handles (the car is red).
>     So my question is, does Audi match the door handles, or has my car just
> been repainted? Or maybe just the door handles.. I think that it looks great,
> and the plain black handles are sort of lacking in the class department.

Both of my cars ('89 100Q and '90 90Q20V) have black handles.
I've never seen painted ones.

Andrew L. Duane (JOT-7)			duane@zk3.dec.com
Digital Equipment Corporation		(603)-881-1294
110 Spit Brook Road			http://www.zk3.dec.com/~duane
M/S ZKO3-3/U14
Nashua, NH    03062-2698

Only my cat shares my opinions, and she's too heavy to care.