Re: Oil Level Light

On 12 Feb 96 at 10:59, Mark Hogan wrote:

> >Any 911 drivers out there?  Back in the deep, dark, dim recesses of my
> >mind, I hve the recollection that my '73 911 had an oil level gauge.  I
> >know it wasn't pressure & I dont think it was temp.  Had to be oil level?
> >Is the old brain playing tricks on me or is my memory corect.
> >
> >Bill Murin
> yes they do...I was going to point this out earlier in the thread, but
> decided since we were talking "idiot lights" as opposed to gauges, I'd keep
> quiet...

I remember some mid-80s 'murican utili-car that had an oil-level
sensor built into the dipstick (ala my 5k's master cylinder cap).  I
don't remember what it was, exactly...  Nothing terribly exciting,

   '85 Audi 5000s   '72 Suzuki GT380
   '85 El Camino SS '73 Suzuki GT550 in pieces

    in beautiful Bay City, Michigan "Unity in adversity"