Re: Air Poppin'

Scott, I think that statement needs to be qualified WRT where you are
'measuring' boost -- upstream of the throttle-plate or in the intake
manifold.....your statement would be true if you are measuring boost/vacuum
in the intake manifold and downstream of the throttle-plate -- upstream
there would still be 'boost' if the turbo is still spinning.....

That begs another question: is a pop-off valve typically installed at the
intake manifold side of the throttle-plate? Also, how are high pressure
spikes upstream of the throttle-plate addressed? Those that would
'blowed-up' the IC-to-throttle-body hose or the IC? A second pop-off valve
located upstream of the TB?

>No wastegate operates under boost, pop off valve when throttle closes, no
>boost air available to bleed......  The pop off valve opens only during
>vacuum of slam shut throttle, closed during boost ALWAYS

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice and moderation in the
pursuit of justice is no virtue."

Vorsprung durch Technik,