Re: Surging idle

>story.)  My mechanic suspects that there is a problem with the ECU or the
>PROM of the ECU.  Can the ECU be serviced or must it be replaced?  $$$$$

Much more likely just a bad idle control valve or idle control valve
Try removing the idle control valve and plugging the two hoses that attach
to it. If the idle is now stable when held steady with the throttle = good
bet that valve's bad.....
Could try cleaing it with carb-cleaner, sometimes this wil get 'em to work
again (for awhile).

Harder to test the idle control valve relay/module. If this ides turn out to
be bad I do have a brand new one (NIB) that I bought to replace one
mis-diagnosed by the experts!

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice and moderation in the
pursuit of justice is no virtue."

Vorsprung durch Technik,