Re: tqc/4000q susp&brake swap

On Wed, 3 Apr 1996, Ben Howell wrote:

>   Then you are going to run into the problem that you are going to have
> with having 5 lug in the front and 4 lug in the rear. I don't know that
> this is a *problem*, but I wouldn't like it to much (who am I though?).
> The reason for this is that, the Ur-Q front strut housing takes a larger
> wheel bearing than the 4k, so that leads us to the fact that you are
> going to need the 5 lug hub to fit into the larger bearing.

I THINK that its only the OD of the bearing that is different between the
UrQ and the 4K, im almost sure that the iD is the same, meaning hubs cann
be interchangeable.

       bob.damato@snetel.com   http://snetel.com/audi/audi.html
The Southern New England Telephone Co.	     |Phone: 203-771-7081
Information and Technology Center            |Fax:   203-773-3398
300 George St. New Haven CT  06510           |Pager: Dont count on it

             Drive Safe, Drive Fast, Drive a Quattro