Re: Nameplates

Hairy green toads from Mars made Stephen Williams say:

> 	IMHO though, the thing that REALLY puts the 'cuffs on Audi
> sales--as compared to many of the other plates, foreign and domestic, in
> the past, is (1) aftermarket prices for parts at an Audi dealership, and
> (2) the dic*head factor at many--NOT ALL--Audi dealerships.  I mean, I
> absolutely love my Audi's [presently 4 of 'em] but my local [w/in 75
> miles] Audi dealers are insufferable.  Again, this is only my opinion,
> but the "trouble" Audi has had in the past seems in large part due to the
> people they choose to allow to sell their cars.  I know a bunch of people
> that would buy a new Audi if (1) the dealer would be nice, and drop the
> attitude, and (2) parts out of warranty were not so freakin' high.  Good
> example--the advice they give on driveshafts.  Called last week and asked
> about rebuilding a driveshaft "can't be done".  Why lie?

Why is it that when a rubber boot rips on a control arm, Audi tells
the dealer to replace the control arm for $250 instead of the boot
for $15?

The only saving grace is that there are a number of aftermarket
shops who know how to do things like this. But most customers don't
know about these shops, and blindly listen to what the dealer tells them.

Andrew L. Duane (JOT-7)			duane@zk3.dec.com
Digital Equipment Corporation		(603)-881-1294
110 Spit Brook Road			http://www.zk3.dec.com/~duane
M/S ZKO3-3/U14
Nashua, NH    03062-2698

Only my cat shares my opinions, and she's too heavy to care.