Subject: Re: Coupe q help needed !!!  (little long)
Author:  schulz@tif623.ed.ray.com (Peter Schulz) at Internet
Date:    4/19/96 7:29 AM

On Thu, 18 Apr 96 Todd asked:
Subject: Coupe q help needed !!!
>1) Today a high frequency buzzing started from the area directly behind the
righ t
>rear passenger headrest.
More likely the air pump for the central locking system.  Mine very sporadically
does the same thing...
>2) Owners manual states: Nothing about changing coolant. Car has 65k miles and
t he co>olant is brown... What should I do?
with 65 K, change it...
That there is no need to change transmission fluid. I wanted to put Redline
 in, not wise?
Up to you.  I have 91k on my CQ, haven't changed the tranny fluid yet.
>3) Car has Bosch tri electrode plugs. Should I stick with these, platinum,
silve r,
>or what? The car stumbles on starting. I'll start by changing the plugs and see
>this helps.
Do yourself a favor: also do the cap and rotor. The rotor is a pain in the butt.
need to crush (yes crush) it with a pair of vise grips, remove the pieces,
the distributor shaft with some sand/emory paper, and slide on the new one.
Lear ned
this one the hard way. I didn't properly clean off the remnants of the old one,
a nd
tried to force on the new one.  Guess what??? The new one broke alot easier than
old one that I had to get off.
>4) Also, other than AAA small car world, anyone know of parts yards with
>need a left fog light lens and a right rear light assembly. (fog light has
bulle t,
> tail light had bad new owner... I backed into the planer tonight as I was
liste ning >to the whine stated above in (1).)    :^(
Whoops!  sorry ' bout that.  Good luk on the fog lights.  Most Coupe Q owners
hav e
one with a broken lense.  You can't just buy a new lense and replace it.  New
fog light
assembly is about $150 from Carlsen Audi, with the discount.  Since the lenses
us ually
are pitted, anyway.  I want to switch mine to either the PIAA 1000s or the KatZ
f ogs
(they're tiny).
>...where do I start in performance mods? I'm switching to synth oil this
>(not perf, but nice,) is there room to play with this car, or is it about as
fas t
>as it'll get?
see my separate post
>Sorry to barrage you with questions... I've got a lot more questions and
thought s,
>but I'll save them for later.
No problem, its great to help another Coupe Q owner!!
Peter Schulz
1990 Coupe Q