[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: Wipers for 1990 Coupe.
On Mon, 22 Apr 1996 11:28:46 -0400, you wrote:
>Well this was maintenance weekend for my Audi. I am trying to replace my
>Bosch wipers as I find myself replacing them every few months. Someone in
>the group mentioned Tridon (??). I looked at them and there are plastic and
>not metal. Are these the right ones? Does anyone have any other
>alternatives? I am going to replace them next weekend.
I have found that Champion X3 wipers are far superior to the Bosch
ones. Try them if they are available in your country.
>I had to replace three bulbs on the third brake light (on top of the
>hatchback). My parts store sold me the "identical" bulb but ever so slightly
>smaller diameter by OSRAM. There are not as bright as the originals in
>there. Any recommendations on this??
Don't have this third brake light on UK models.
>I would love for someone to fax or mail or email me instructions to get to
>the 3 gauges next to the ashtray. I need to replace a bulb in there. I know
>it is very hard to do but need to do it nonetheless.
Not a quick job, but quite easy. You have to remove the centre
1. With a screwdriver, prise out the lower handbrake trim from under
the handbrake lever. Then prise off the handgrip trip, then the lower
2. Remove the rear ashtray from the centre console and remove the
console mounting bolts.
3. Prise out the front bolt cover near the gear lever and remove the
4. Remove the rear section of the centre console.
5. Unscrew the gearshift knob and remove the leather boot after
removing the single screw.
6. Pull off all three heater control knobs and remove the plastic
surround. This exposes the two screws to remove the strip of trim
above the auxiliary instruments.
7. The front section of the centre console can now be moved back and
you can then gain access to the rear of the instruments.
8. When putting this front section back in place, it takes many
attempts to get the sides correctly in the clips at the bottom of the
While you have access to the instrument panel, it is better to replace
all three bulbs has the new ones can look brighter than the old ones.
>Sorry for the barrage of questions, but when I got 'em I seem to get them big
That's OK. :->
e-mail : email@example.com
1989 Audi Coupe 2.2E