Re: why no S6's in MASS

 Robert D. Russell wrote:
>         A friend of mine asked me to enquire about the S6 avant. I went over
> to the dealer in west springfield ma. and talked to my friend Roland (the
> audi god)
> quite possibly one of the best audi techs in new england. Suprised when he
> said he never had seen any come through the dealership. He said they(S6)
> were not sold in  MA. does any one know why?

The S6 (sedan and avant) was(is?) sold in MA.
I ought to know, I bought an S6 avant from Pass & Weisz in Burlington.
Initially the S6 models were not sold in MA because AoA thought that
the new MA emissions regulations wouldn't allow it. They then discovered
(around July/August 1995) that the S6 was legal in MA and the cars
began to come into the dealers. Some got a few (eg. P&W had 2 or 3 total),
some got a lot (eg. Park Audi in Lawrence received 6 sedans and 6 avants
in December/January, and some got none (eg. Clair Audi "no, we don't sell
them, no-ones interested").
There are probably few or no new S6s around now. This was a 1995 only
model and production has finished.

Chris Palmer (1995 S6 Wagon)                "Ashes to ashes,
Data General Corporation                     dust to dust,
Enterprise Solutions Engineering Division    If Lillee don't get you,
chris_palmer@dg.com                          Thommo must!"