Re: Brake Rotor q.

On Tue, 21 May 1996, Ernest Wong wrote:

> Looked through the stuff(never played with disc rotors before) and found a
> big ole' U shaped metal clip thing stuck into 2 of the vanes of one of the
> rotors!

Yep... that is how they balance the rotor. Dont take it out!!! Good
quality rotors wont have any, but some might. ATE is a good rotor. If
they have more than one, there is a problem with the casting, and dont
use them..

> outta my rotor with the trusty 50 use-in-one flat-blade. (Now 51
> uses-in-one)

BTW, good luck getting them out anyway, they're impossible! When we
rebalance the rotors, we take them out first...if possible!

       bob.damato@snetel.com   http://snetel.com/audi/audi.html
The Southern New England Telephone Co.	     |Phone: 203-771-7081
Information and Technology Center            |Fax:   203-773-3398
300 George St. New Haven CT  06510           |Pager: Dont count on it

             Drive Safe, Drive Fast, Drive a Quattro