[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
V8, various sensor readings....
- To: quattro <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: V8, various sensor readings....
- From: Michael LaRosa <76761.1444@CompuServe.COM>
- Date: 31 May 96 17:26:54 EDT
- Cc: Cobram <email@example.com>, DAVID K CRITZER <ZAMH43A@prodigy.com>, John Firkins <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Tim Gortner <Tim.Gortner@pobox.com>, Mark Hogan <email@example.com>, Kurt Horst <Kurtles@aol.com>, John Karasaki <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Chris King <email@example.com>, Vikram Kumar <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Lester B. Lampman" <email@example.com>, Eliot Lim <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Andy Majewski <Majewskier@aol.com>, "Randall C. Markarian" <email@example.com>, Darin Nederdorf <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Scott Olson <DriverV8@aol.com>, Fredrik Olsson <email@example.com>, Gregory Owens <APEXCORP@msn.com>, Randall Paquette <75313.1445@CompuServe.COM>, Anthony Parkinson <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Paul Rivera <email@example.com>, Bruce Romero <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Timothy P. Schanno" <squrt2@PioneerPlanet.infi.net>, Dave Senum <DaveSenu@aol.com>
- Sender: email@example.com
Ok, I took kind of an extended lunch today...
ssshhhhh... don't tell my boss :-)
Pulled out the new Sunpro Meter :-) the new V8
factory manual, (thanks Cobram....) and started
checking things ....
Intake Air Temperture Sender:
Factory Spec 450-550 ohms
Actual measured value 563 ohms
Coolant Temperture Sensor:
(supposed to be done at 68f)
I did at probably 150f
Factory Spec 1.5 to 3.0 ohms
Actual measured value .. anywhere from 35 -200 ohms
Acted very strange too, the reading was only there for a
1/4 second or so when I touched it with the probes
then the meter went to no signal. Every time I touched
pins I got a different reading.
Does the coolant temperture really matter that much ?
I'm going to try it again tomorow morning when the car
is cold and see what I get.
Factory Spec 450 +/- 50mv
Actual Measured Value 438-442
None of the sensors appear to be exactly in spec.
But are they close enough ?
That is my question.
Oh, Also Cobram had mentioned a possibility it may be the ECU from
the tranny. Disconnected and reconnected both Motronic ECU and
tranny ECU. No difference.
Anybody now how just how accurate these sensors need to be ?
Thanks for your anticipated help :-)
Mike LaRosa INCASES Engineering N.A.
Manager, 20 Trafalgar Square
EDA Technical Support Suite 403
603-881-5392 Nashua, NH
603-881-5467 Fax 03063