[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
FW: Audi Help Please Fast!
Subject: Re: Audi Help Please Fast!
Hello, my name is Paul and I live in Exeter, NH.
I have a deposit down on the following car:
1990 Audi 90 Quattro 20v,5-speed, 91,000miles, $11,000..
leather, alarm, computer, heated seats...CD player
I am desparate for any kind of heads-up you experts can give me
on what, if anything, to be cautious of.....etc. Please respond quickly
as this deal may happen this evening. I have always admired the Quattro
and even though I consider myself mechanically informed...I am way
on the Quattro. Please excuse this intrusion just this once.
Thankyou very much!
Can you add anything to the list below?
- Make sure the timing belt has been done. $$$
- Listen for any noise coming from the distributor or the AC
- Check for any shimmy when braking. $$$
- Make sure AM band on radio works(could indicate bad antenna).
- Check for leaks around passenger window frame and tail lights(run
garden hose directly onto trunk lid and watch for leaks on inside.
- Average mileage should be HW-26 City-22 (approx.)
These are just a few. Dollar signs give you an idea of cost to
repair. These are best guesses; sorry if not competely accurate.
I bought my '90 Coupe Q at 86k and it now has 115k. It is very
reliable but the few parts it has needed were expensive.
$ - 50-100
$$ - 100-250
$$$ - 250-500