Re: It eats oil?

Robert Paul Andrews,randrews@post.cis.smu.edu,Internet writes:

 My 88 90 has some oil consumption.  After about a month and a half of
about 2500 or s miles, it runs abut 1/2 quart low.  This is the summer and
this car does get highway speeds up to and including 80.  Normal, not?
I see no apparent leaks and my car doesn't ever smell like something
is burning.  No emmisions either.
Just curious. Thanks

How many miles are on the clock? However this consumption is acceptable
especially on short runs, maximum usage is 1 litre/1,000km. If it has a few
miles on it it will probably have worn valve guides and will be burning on
deceleration. Check it out when you go down a hill if your still concerned ,
but its o.k.

MacInTouch BBS - Sydney's Hottest Macintosh BBS (1200 to 28800 bps)
info@intouch.mpx.com.au    BBS. 61 2 580 0516    FAX. 61 2 584 2711