[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: V8 Recall....
- To: Andy Majewski <Majewskier@aol.com>
- Subject: Re: V8 Recall....
- From: Michael LaRosa <76761.1444@CompuServe.COM>
- Date: 19 Jun 96 09:52:25 EDT
- Cc: Cobram <email@example.com>, DAVID K CRITZER <ZAMH43A@prodigy.com>, John Firkins <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Tim Gortner <Tim.Gortner@pobox.com>, Mark Hogan <email@example.com>, Kurt Horst <Kurtles@aol.com>, John Karasaki <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Chris King <email@example.com>, Vikram Kumar <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Lester B. Lampman" <email@example.com>, Eliot Lim <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Randall C. Markarian" <email@example.com>, Darin Nederdorf <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Scott Olson <DriverV8@aol.com>, Fredrik Olsson <email@example.com>, Gregory Owens <APEXCORP@msn.com>, Randall Paquette <75313.1445@CompuServe.COM>, Anthony Parkinson <firstname.lastname@example.org>, quattro <email@example.com>, Paul Rivera <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Bruce Romero <email@example.com>, "Timothy P. Schanno" <squrt2@PioneerPlanet.infi.net>, Dave Senum <DaveSenu@aol.com>
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
---------- Forwarded Message ----------
P.S.: V8 Trivia - Do you have answers to the
following or can you post to
How many "versions" of the V8 came to the US?
I know there was:
1) 3.6 auto - like my '90
2) 3.6 stick - '91?
* Yes. it was 91 only.
3) 4.2 auto - late '91/'92?
* I believe it is more like the 93 model,
but not sure.
4) Was there ever a 4.2 stick? (six speed)
5) Did the later '91s and '92s
come with normal brakes?
* I think late 91 they came with regular front brakes.
6) When did the auto cars get "new" and improved
* The only occurence of this I know is the tranny for
* Eliot Lim's car in Washington state. No other V8
* owner that I know of has the new tranny software.
* That includes the 25 or so on the V8 registry.
7) Since my car hasn't had the tranny software upgrade
(I think) does anyone do this aftermarket?
* The dealer will most likely have no idea what your
talking about :-( unless you call the one Eliot had
his done at....
* To tell if you have the new software, from a standing
stop, put it in Manual mode, shift to third, accelerate
slowly. If it downshifts to second, then first you
have the new software, if it stays in third you have
the original software.
8) Have any of the V8 listers tried TAP/Stupor Chips/IA
chips yet? I want to chip my car with some confidence.
* I'm planning on either a Superchip or IA chip in the
future as well. As soon as I get the surge problem fixed,
the chip will come next. The only problem I have is you
have to ship your computer to them :-(
9) Finally, I know of a '92 V8 in Spokane, WA at a MB dealer.
Car has 42K miles, Green/light colored interior , would
by definition have 2 air bags, 4.2 liter, servotronic,
and adjustable steering wheel, I am guessing auto also.
I WANT this car....if it weren't priced at 32K. I am not
a valuation expert, but for low 20's I'd buy it...
* My dream V8 would be a 94/95 V8 4.2 Auto, then put the rear
end gears from a 90 V8 in it, unplug the servotronic, get
the heads ported and polished and yeeehhaaaaa!!!!!!!
* Andy below is the current V8 registry I have.....
V8 List updated as of 4-2-96
http://www.mindspring.com/~vikram/v8qc.html (not sure if this still
works, Vikram is selling his V8 :-(... )
1) 1990 V8 Pearl/Gray 75K Miles, Auto, Cobram, Massachusetts
2) 1990 V8 Pearl/Gray 94k Miles, Auto, Timothy P. Schanno, unknown
3) 1990 V8 Pearl/Gray 90k Miles, Auto, John Karasaki, Oregon
4) 1990 V8 Pearl/Gray 50k miles, Auto, Scott Olson, Schaumburg, IL
5) 1990 V8 Pearl/Blue 88k Miles, Auto, Wolfgang Shuler, N. Hampshire
6) 1990 V8 Pearl/Black 120K Miles, Auto, Paul Rivera, California, LA
7) 1990 V8 Pearl/Black 60k Miles, Auto, Dave Senum,
8) 1990 V8, Pearl/Black 78K miles, Auto, Randall Paquette, Maine
9) 1990 V8 Black/Black 93K miles, Auto, Randall C. Markarian, Missouri
10) 1990 V8 Black/unknown 88k Miles, Auto, Eric Lindgren, Iowa
11) 1990 V8 Black/Gray 142k Miles, Auto, Chris King, Texas
12) 1990 V8 Black/Platinum 72K Miles, Auto, Mark Hogan, Maryland
13) 1991 V8 Gray Black/Platinum 39k Miles, 5 speed, Tony Parkinson, Florida
14) 1990 V8 Charcoal Grey/Grey 76K Miles, Auto, Vikram Kumar, Georgia
15) 1990 V8 Silver/Black , 70k Miles, Auto, Greg Owens, Seattle, Washington
16) 1990 V8 Platinum/Black 80km, Auto, John Firkins, Australia ?
17) 1990 V8 Platinum/Titanium 39k miles, Auto, Andy Majewski, Washington
18) 1990 V8 Burgandy/Tan 88K Miles, Auto, Eliot Lim, Washington
19) 1990 V8 Lago Blue/unkown 67k Miles, Auto, Les Lampman, Washington
20) 1990 V8 Bamboo/Tan 60k Miles, Auto, Mike LaRosa, N. Hampshire
21) 1990 V8 Bronze/unknown 83k miles, Auto, Fredrik Olsson, Colorado
22) 1990 V8 Silver Blue/Blue 89K miles, Auto, Tim Gortner, Colorado
23) 1990 V8 Black/Platinum 76k miles, Auto, Kurt Horst, Seattle Washington
24) 1990 V8 Blue/Grey 96k miles, Auto, Bruce Romero, Kirkland Washington
25) 1990 V8 ?/? 53K miles, Auto, David Critzer, ? ?
Calendar year V8 quattro
1989 889 (1990 Model)