Re: crankcase breather hose update

Hairy green toads from Mars made LEMONHEAD say:

> On Sat, 6 Jul 1996 13:29:32 -0500 (EDT) you wrote:
> <<
> The updated part is a metal tube with a small inlet adapter attached.
> I don't know what the inlet is for; some test I guess. The bad news
> is that the hose was $10. The metal tube is $80. But it's supposed
> to be a lifetime part.
> >>
> Hi Andrew...
> Is this update a direct replacement for the rubber hose or does it also
> incorporate the metal pipe to which the rubber cranckcase hose attaches??
> Is this inlet adapter sealed?  It doesn't vent into the atmosphere does it??

It is a direct replacement; just clamp it in, and away you go.
The vent tube is plugged with a little rubber stopper, so it does
not vent to the air normally.

> Just ordered this update from Linda (...maybe I shouldn't tell
> you...but...$35 for the metal tube...) and I'm just curious as to what
> exactly it is, and what it will involve to install.

I figured. It was one of those "I was there, the part was in stock"
impulse buys. You wouldn't believe the crap they cleaned out of the
old hose, BTW.

Andrew L. Duane (JOT-7)			duane@zk3.dec.com
Digital Equipment Corporation		(603)-881-1294
110 Spit Brook Road
M/S ZKO3-3/U14
Nashua, NH    03062-2698

Only my cat shares my opinions, and she's too heavy to care.