Re: niggling details (here: wheel bearings)

rademer@rbg.informatik.th-darmstadt.de wrote:
>BUT: If you are allready at the point where you can "feel" the
>bearing with the steering wheel, I would suggest to replace it
>now. If they run hot they can lock up.
>You can test it: Lift the car and try to turn the wheel. If it
>is rough or "scratchy" (sorry...) then it is the bearing.

Unless, of course, there's rust on the rotor in which case it could be
the pad that's causing friction on the rotor which can also be described
as "scratchy".

Mark Eissler          | UNIX, DOS, oh and MacOS too.
tequila@interlog.com  | Why wouldn't a developer use
http://www.interlog.com/~tequila/  My new hURL!!!!!!