[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Installing CD changer in A4
The CD changer will be installed on the top left corner of the trunk.
I'll explain the process in two parts:
Part 1: Making the wiring harness connector for the CD accessible.
a. Remove the carpeted lining behind the left rear tailight (within the
trunk). This is held in place by 3 plugs which will pop off.
b. The lining is a 1-piece moulded unit that extends around the shock
tower. Pull the lining away until you see a bunch of cables held with
a tie down near the shock tower (along the side wall).
c. Pull the cables out to expose 2 unused connectors. The round one is
for the CD. Free about 12-15 inches of this cable.
d. Replace the lining making after routing the cable/connector to stick
out into the trunk.
Part2: Installing the CD.
1. Along with the bracket you would have recieved 3 plugs that have a
hexagonal shape. Look for matching hexagonal holes on the rear deck.
Insert the plug.
2. Trial fit the bracket to match the plugs.
3. Remove 3 protective screws from the top (or bottom? - I forget) of
the CD. Use 4 screws to attach the CD changer to the bracket.
4. Attach CD+bracket to the rear deck with the 3 provided screws.
5. Plug in connector on cd to connector on harness.
Tools required: 1 flat bladed screwdriver for reming plugs on lining,
and a Phillips head screw driver.
Time: 15-20 minutes.