Re: Audi hiccup in USA?

At 09:30 PM 8/6/96 +0000, you wrote:
>I've seen reference on this list and elsewhere about a major
>marketing problem for Audi a few years ago in USA.
>Apparently it severely affected Audis image for a considerable time.
>Can anyone enlighten me as to what this was all about?

Which one?

Horrendous parts overpricing, horrible dealership, inadequately trained
service personnel, uninformed salesmen, significant reliability problems
with little attempt to redesign, or

unintended acceleration...

EMCM(SW) Dave Head (nuclear grade electrician)
87 5KCSTQ 170K miles and now counting (after $230.00 to repair...)
1.9 bar boost (charlie spring, no shim) - @ 1.3 the shuttle launches!
Maitland FL