[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]

Re: Girling or ATE?

> Hi all,
> another question: for my 91 200, which has the internal caliper brakes,
> do I need front pads for an ATE or Girling application? Imparts only
> lists the Girling application, so I assumed that those are the converted
> brakes and not the UFOs. Does anybody know?
> Thanks.
> peter, peterhe@microsoft.com, issaquah, wa, usa


I sure would consider NOT buying the pads from Imparts (or similiar companies)
if they do not know what to offer you. I was just burned with aftermarket parts
for my 91 200q, it's happened many times before.

I would call/fax Linda and get a price. You'll probably get the brake job done
right the first time for maybe 20-40% more than the parts would cost you
elsewhere. The pads will fit right, stop right and not have to be replaced for a
long time. If you're doing it yourself, you're probably not talking more than
$100 difference. If that prevents you from doing it again right away, or extends
the life by 10,000 miles, in my opinion, it's worth it.

Good luck!


91 200 q

P.S. I don't know the answer to your question!

Paul Waterloo                    TEL: (860) 267-7714
HydroAire Incorporated           FAX: (860) 267-7387
875 Old Hartford Rd
Colchester, CT  06415          EMAIL: 74543.407@compuserve.com