RE: 5000 Hood Release

Can be done through the grille with a Ford muffler clamp(Tm) [coat hanger]. You need to grab each of the
little eyelets one at a time and pull them toward the ceter of the grille to unlatch each of the two latches.

I cannot open the bonnet (hood) of my 1983 Avant.  The cable must have
 broken somewhere in the engine compartment.  Does anyone know how I
 can open it manually.  The Bentley for the 4000 series shows a couple
 of catches you could press - is the 5000 series the same?  Thanks in advance.

1984 Audi 80 quattro
1983 Audi 100 Avant